The Cairo Poet features a scene specific shape which is very popular amongst fans. Crafted from our Deep Sable fine rabbit fur felt with a dark brown ribbon, these timeless hats are completely handcrafted to order for each customer by the highly skilled hatters at Herbert Johnson.
- Felt: Deep Sable pure wool fur felt
- Brim: Dimensional flanged brim
- Ribbon: 1½ inch dark brown vintage galloon ribbon-band with screen accurate Raiders bow style.
- Interior: Branded white liner & soft leather sweatband
- Bash: Hand shaped Raiders Cairo style.*
*The Cairo style has a scene specific shape which includes the 'Raiders Turn' as standard, tight long front pinch, deep side dents and characteristic bulge to the crown above the ribbon to the side over the right ear.
NEVER JUST A HAT
There is deep intention behind every design. We cut fabric and textiles, but never corners. From 100% merino wool, hand woven toquilla straw, premium furs, and more. Start at the top.
Always an art; never just a hat.
Making hats never gets old, only the folks making them. With this comes generations of experience at our craft. But it's what's next that matters most, and that is up to you. We just craft the hats; the transformation happens through you.